Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Kauai - The first few days

We went back to Kauai finally. I was there for 3 weeks and Patrick only wanted to stay for 2. When we first got there we stayed at the Sheraton where Patrick used to work. This was the view of the south swell from our lanai.

I had hoped that a wave would splash up onto Patrick while he was on this sign but it didn't happen.

We rode our bikes around the south shore one day with Jill. We kept seeing people we knew. This picture is great because you can see how crazy my hair got.

This is at Allerton's with Steff. You can't really tell yet that she is 5 months pregnant.

I think she is cradling the baby in this picture, though.

Jill took us surfing at Picalas where there is allegedly a large shark that lives nearby. We didn't see him but I did cut my knee on the reef. Not that that's much of a surprise for me.
Aw, Jill.

We camped at my favorite beach, Polihale.

It's on the west side so there are incredible sunsets from Polihale.

Jill and I tried to floaty out to where we could see dolphins but they ran away. Patrick's floaty was big round and green, just like a juicy honu that the sharks like to eat!

And of course Patrick had to do some tricks off the sand cliff we found. I tried something, I dont even know what, but I landed on my head. I decided that was enough for me.

1 comment:

jaredandmatisse said...

Hey Meghann! Those are awesome photos (as usual). Steff does not look Prego AT All! That is amazing. You two could be sisters in that photo. I had to zoom in the tell who was who. I am so glad you had a nice time.