Thursday, June 26, 2008

A day with Jill and turtles

Jill is another one of my very best friends (Yes I can have more than 1). She came to stay with us at our condo on the North Shore. We got to hang out by the pool and not even have to worry about being kicked out. This was abnormal for us who usually just sneak into the hotel pools. We ordered some lunch by the pool and really lounged in style.

Then we went to a great snorkeling spot that has never failed to have turtles abounding. Getting there is half the fun since you have to go through a cave and swim out the other end. This day there was a turtle sleeping right there in the cave.

Yes I actually took this picture. This turtle came so close I had to try to get out of his way.







I switched the camera to video quickly to get him via that media as well. Please note Patrick's little cameo. He was trying so hard to get in but I didn't even notice. I was just following the turtle.






This picture was taken just after I fell into the water. I was trying to cross a slippery spot that I had already told Patrick to go around and...I slipped. I had to dive away from the rocks so as not to hit them. It would have been funnier if Jill and Patrick hadn't thought I probably hurt myself.
We went to the Princeville Hotel to watch the sunset which was beautiful as always. Jill is so cute in this picture.

1 comment:

Eduardo, Alyssa, and Hubert said...

Ahh, the days of sneaking into hotels...
I'm glad you told the story of falling in with the turtles. That was the second thing I thought of when I saw the turtle pictures. The first thought was how cool the turtles and the pictures you got of them are.