Sunday, March 30, 2008

While Joel was here....Hikes

Joel is pretty much the super coolest kid ever. He just recently had his spring break and he flew out here all by himself to see us. We had so much fun. There are so many great pictures and videos from the trip that I decided to make a number of small posts instead of one ENORMOUS one. So here is the first one...



Alyssa, Edy, Joel, and I went on a hike up Rock Canyon. Alyssa was an exceptional hiker considering her enormous belly.





Joel says that he thought he was going to die in this picture. I think he is exaggerating. There was a steep drop off in behind him but he wasn't that close to the edge. What a drama queen.





We found an amazing hair piece for Alyssa. I think it makes her look like an Indian princess.



This was a crack and Joel decided to climb into it. He fit quite well.

Later Joel, Patrick and I went on another hike in the same area of Rock Canyon. We had more time so we got a little farther up on the mountain. I love my two boys.


I thought they were both crazy but when Patrick decided to ignore the chilly wind and "get some sun", Joel joined him. Joel was soon freezing and had to put his jacket back on. At least he tried.


This was where we stopped to eat the yummy sandwiches I had made for lunch. We tried to hide from the wind as much as we could. What a view!


Joel looks like he a climbing a super high cliff! He's obviously showing he is not afraid by that look on his face.

2 comments:

jaredandmatisse said...

I LOVE THESE POSTS!!! Actually, I've only read the Joel and hikes one so far. I'm so glad you guys had such great hikes and I'm glad to see the boys stripping off their clothes. - jared

Eduardo, Alyssa, and Hubert said...

I'm jealous that you guys got so far the second time, though, the hike we did was probably good enough for a 8 month prego person.