Monday, March 31, 2008

While Joel was here...Excavating

As though I didn't spoil him enough while he was here, my father-in-law Kevin helped me out. I'm not even referring to him giving Joel a cupcake in one hand and an ice cream sandwich in the other and offering him an ice cream cone. No, Joel was also lucky enough to get to drive construction equipment. This is us driving the Catepillar around the yard. Joel was not as good at coming out of the turns so I had to say many times, "Unturn, unturn, unturn" so we didn't crash into anything.



And if you can top getting to drive a catepillar, it's getting to dig with a real Bobcat excavater. I think that is what it's called. I'm not really up on all the construction equipment lingo like I ought to be.
While digging up the earth by Grand Rental Center Joel found a chain in the ground. We decided it was buried treasure so he wanted to keep it. Alas, we left it on the floor of the bobcat. So sad.
And, lest you think the pictures were faked, here is a video of him excavating all by himself.

4 comments:

jaredandmatisse said...

Rotten! Spoiled rotten. I like rotten little boys though. I married one and I have three brothers that are all a little rotten. I love all the Joel posts. He really is the most exciting thing to come out of Maman since...Kaitlyn.

jaredandmatisse said...

THAT WAS AN AWESOME VIDEO!!! Joel is so talented. He is such a cool kid. I have to have him come out to see me sometime too. He is so lucky to have such an awesome sister too. I can't wait til you and patch come out here. - jared

EmilyCC said...

Look what a good sister you are, Meghann! When Tom was about Joel's age, he came to visit me. I think the most exciting thing he got to do was eat all the Oreos and drink all the Sprite he wanted while I went to class. He'll probably disown me and adopt you once he reads what you guys did.

Eduardo, Alyssa, and Hubert said...

I think it's very brave of you and Kevin to let Joel drive around there. I think I'd be scared to drive around all of the equipment and things...