Thursday, January 3, 2008

Moab for Christmas

This year was Christmas with the Clydes in Moab. Going to Moab is always a delight but this year was particularily so. Plus I got a new camera so you can reap the benefits of having great pictures and video on our blog. You might not think of there being much snow in Moab but there was this year. We went sledding up in the La Sal mountains south of Moab. It was only 7 degrees and therefore, we froze while having a wonderful time. This is Kevin sledding.

There was a jump on another hill that was quite large so we would only go from about halfway up the hill to hit it so we weren't going too fast. Then Daniel, out of nowhere, started at the top of the hill and went flying over it. This picture doesn't really show how out of control he was but you can tell how fast he was going because of the snow flying off the jump under him. He landed upside down.



One of our other activities was going for a hike to see petroglyphs and real dinosaur footprints. On the way there Jared and I showed off our develope skills. Next to him I look pretty good. Thanks Jared!

Melody made Matisse and I into little snow princesses this year with matching vests and fuzzy boots. Oh, I guess I'm not wearing my boots in this picture but I have the same ones as Matisse is wearing. We also got hats, scarves and gloves that aren't shown here. I love looking like Matisse.


The boys got something a little less practical, light sabers. They were really neat ones that light up from starting at the handle to mimic the light saber coming out. They even make sounds. They boys had a fight at night and the slow shutter on my night mode made the pictures turn out really neat.

No comments: