Sunday, January 13, 2008

Fun at Cabellas

This last Saturday we went with Alyssa and Edy to Cabellas. That store is enormous. We tried to stick together but right at the front of the store when we were walking past the fishing rods Edy said "too fast, too fast" and turned around to look at the rods. Patrick and I continued to the back where the shoes are and we found these boots that were gargantuan. I picked it up and discovered that it wasn't a huge size, it was size 10, Patrick's size. We thought it was so funny how big the boot was that we had to take some pictures. I think there was about a 3 inch sole. It was rated to -100 degrees F so if we ever go to Antarctica we are going to remember these boots. I felt just like Master Chief from Halo wearing this boot.



After that Alyssa left for the bathroom and when she came back she was wearing on of these jackets but acting perfectly normal. It was hysterical. She let me where it around and I tried to be serious but it was so hard not to laugh when people are all giving you funny looks. Then when we were taking these pictures this lady said that she saw me before and thought it was actually my jacket that I was wearing as a fashion statement. Apparently I pulled off the serious face well. Alyssa is a genius for finding these.


I asked Patrick if he wanted to say anything about the boots and he said, "You know, we should be careful to not be one of those couples that assumes everyone wants to know about everything in our life." I was shocked. I later talked him out of it but it's too late, it's out-he doesn't approve of some of my posts.

3 comments:

Eduardo, Alyssa, and Hubert said...

Yay for swamp monsters!!!

jaredandmatisse said...

Is it bad that I want to know every detail about your lives? I love the posts and if anything you are keeping me sane with my family fix. -Tisse

Spencer G said...

And all I've ever heard about Cabellas (sp?) is their huge fish tank.