Sunday, April 6, 2008

Hot Pots Again....Goodbye Head

Last semester I took a beginning ceramics class. For the final project I had to make a bust fo someone that I knew. I tried to make Patrick but I am not an artist and it looks a bit off. We have been trying to figure out what to do with the ugly head that sits on my desk. Our first thoughts were throw the head off a cliff or shoot it. Then we thought it would be great to take it on a hike and put it on a cliff somewhere that peopel could see it and wonder about it. When we were leaving to go to the hot pots today we came up with the best idea yet, leave the head at the bottom of the hot spring. Before doing that we had some fun saying goodbye.








Down in the deep is where the head now lies, awaiting someone to discover him.






After we laid the head to rest we played with the cool underwater camera.


Alyssa is so funny with her belly. She is extra bouyant! I think that must be a survival mechanism put in place through evolution. Pregnant women that weren't bouyant obviously drown so only the floaty ones survived.


What is Alyssa pointing at?

Patrick does love his martial arts.

Patrick looks eerily normal. He doesn't even look like he is under water!


I really don't know what is the deal with this picture. I hope they weren't trying to pose like this.






4 comments:

jaredandmatisse said...

The final resting place for "My Buddy" is positively brilliant. When people see him they will either think they have found some valuable artifact or they have found a well preserved (not to mention stylish) BYU student who met his doom on a tacky date at the “Hot Pots” after his girlfriend ran off with some other guy I hadn't thought of the "My Buddy" commercial in ages! That toy company really tried to market that "Doll for Boys". I don't think it ever really caught on despite the memorable commercial. . I hope I look as good as Alyssa when I am 8 1/2 months prego.

Unknown said...

I love the idea for the final resting place for 'the head'. Would love to hear the comments of those who find it.
I am excited to see Alyssa's tummy. She really does look pregnant now. About time, I guess.

Eduardo, Alyssa, and Hubert said...

I think that if I had been able to see the pictures better while at the hot pots I would have stopped posing...
I had the my buddy song in my head most of the way home.

ChaseC007 said...

I want to go next time. I have a broken vacuum we could leave down there. A head and a vacuum. Weird.