Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Quick Utah Trip - I must SKI

I promised myself that I would never miss another ski season if I could help it (after some difficult winters in Hawaii.) I looked at my 2009 calendar and saw that with all the business trips that I had to take during February and March, I had better go skiing fast, like that week! So Meghann and I were there over Civil Rights Day in Utah. These are just a few photos to chronicle our trip, and while the snow wasn't all that fresh, there was plenty of it and it was beautiful in the mountains!

Okay, I know that none of these jumps is anywhere near as big as the ones from my "Big Air" post from last year. Cut me a break, will ya? I turned 30 since then, and I don't recover from massive impacts like I used to.

In the 5 years that we have been together, Meghann has been changing from a Mid-West ice-hill skier (though she did once end up with a concussion off of a jump in those conditions) into one radical chick on a pair of sticks!



Utah was so beautiful! There is a big difference between being above or below an inversion in Utah (when all the pollution is trapped in the valley by atmospheric conditions). While it looked like this below...It looked like this above!!!It was great to spend time with my brothers now that we are all grown-ups (hypothetically). And nothing ends a ski day better than an upside-down garbage can lid full of BBQ like they serve it at Famous Dave's!

2 comments:

creed said...

Patrick daffys and back scratchers are from the 80's! If your going to do that kind of skiing at least put on a pair of gators with some Levis. Come on man I want to see some Dinner rolls and McTwists! Ok I officially don't know what I'm talking about.

Patrick Clyde said...

Oh...Snap! I can't believe my picture perfect daffys (my signature move) are being disparaged as old fashioned! Do you SEE the Twin Tips? The perfect brand/sponser placement (Atomic)?

Admittedly, my skiing skills were all learned in the 90's, but daffys were still very cool at that point. So what if I have been holding on to that glory ever since?

Just because I do daffys, try to wear my hair like Iceman in Top Gun, and think Aspen Extreme is the greatest ski movie ever doesn't mean that I am behind the skiing times!