Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Ranch Again- Yes again, it's really fun

The Ranch is so beautiful. Here is the little broken down house that is there. It looks more broken up close.

Another view looking down the canyon towards I-70.


We were lucky enough to have some friends meet us there. Steve and Robby, Patrick's friends from high school, drove down with Steve's wife, Laura, and their adorable little girl, Alice. I don't have any good pictures of her.


This time we were a little earlier getting to the ranch so we could "shoot some guns". I think my favorite is the 9mm hand gun. But we had much bigger guns than usual this time. Kevin had borrowed some type of assault rifle (I'm sure the boys are rolling their eyes that I don't know what it's called) and Steve brought his deer hunting rifle. I love how nonchalantly they are holding the big guns.

Here Chase and I show how tough we are with big guns.
You can see in the background that Kevin never wastes a trip to the ranch. He has the excavator up there to...excavate.
The deer rifle was by far the most powerful gun I had ever shot, even more so than the assault rifle. Even snugged right up to your shoulder it hurt a little.



Chase and Ole Rue, the 22 hand gun, make quite a picture. He looks like the warden from Cool Hand Luke.
This is what we brought with us to shoot, red cream soda. That made for a couple graphic hits. You can see how totally destroyed the cans were with one hit from the assault rifle.
Kevin also took some time to spread seed while we were there. What a hard worker.
Steve also brought is 12 guage shot gun so we could shoot some skeet. That was really fun. It's easier than I thought it would be.


Chase had a little different technique than the rest of us were used to, more like an old codger, especially with that coat. He beat us all except Steve by hitting I think 8 in a row. I only got to 5. Patrick got 1 or 2. I have to make sure everyone knows I beat him.



We drove up the side canyon again and this time we got much further since most of us were in cars instead of freezing on ATVs. The view was incredible. I had no idea what we were missing last time. I think these are the La Sal mountains in the background. Either that or the Henrys.

Patrick and his highschool buddies.

What a great picture to end with.

1 comment:

jaredandmatisse said...

I love the video of daniel. we've watched it a few times. i'm especially jealous that i wasn't there to shoot the guns. that would have been awesome. - jared